1. Do I have to earn a certain income level in order to qualify?
Not necessarily – even if you do not have enough in tax payable the available amounts can be transferred to a supporting family member or spouse.
2. How long does it take?
Once the form is submitted to the CRA the process takes approximately 9 to 12 weeks
3. Is the money tax payable?
No it is tax free.
4. How do I get my money? How does it come to me?
Normally the money comes in 2 to 3 installments via cheque……. If you use the Direct Deposit option the refund will be deposited directly into your bank account.
5. What are my chances of approval?
With a properly written form submitted to the government the success rate is over 99%. Remember you pay nothing until you get your money back.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that all information is kept confidential and secure. We do not share your information with anyone, only with your written approval. All on –site documents are secured or otherwise removed and shredded by a private company.
7. Can I do this myself?
Yes absolutely. However we are experts at this process, it is what we specialize in. You could file your own taxes but accountants know how to file and maximize your returns and we know how to maximize your benefits.
8. Will I be audited?
The process of filing for the benefit from the government requires us to review your taxes and possibly transfer amounts between family members and/or spouses.
9. How much money will I get back?
The amount that you get back from the government depends on many factors: age, duration of disability and tax payable.
10. I am already receiving a government support program am I still eligible?
Yes you are still eligible to receive a benefit back from the government.
11. What if I declared bankruptcy?
You can still get money back from the government. Be sure to alert us of this situation if it applies.
12. My disability has been ongoing for my entire life, how far can I go back?
You can apply for the benefit retroactively for 10 years.
13. What makes you different from other companies?
We are not only interested in applying for the DTC but we can also guide you in applying for other benefits such as ODSP and RDSP.
14. Can I apply for someone who is deceased?
Yes providing there is an Executor of the Estate and the doctor is still available.